Covid 19 Statement
At Ballina Manor Hotel, Mayo
To Our Valued Loyal Guests:
With so many things changing constantly right now with national and international restrictions & guidelines, I wanted to reach out to you personally to give you an update on what we are doing at Ballina Manor Hotel, Mayo to remove some of the uncertainty you may have about any travel plans that you have in place, or that you may make going forward.
Ballina Manor Hotel is currently open. Since March 2020, following Irish guidelines, Ballina Manor Hotel have safely welcomed a modest number of guests: key-workers, engineers and those who needed to travel for essential reasons. It has been our privilege to be that ‘home away from home’ for them during this crisis.
Before anything else, our absolute main priority is the safety of our guests and our team. As such, we always have high standards for cleanliness and hygiene in place, but in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus we have elevated those standards even higher in an effort to maintain a more sterile environment and reassurance for our guests and our team.
We have made key changes to our hotel and processes to make Ballina Manor Hotel safer, without losing that friendly atmosphere and authentic welcome you’ve come accustomed to.
Please See Below Some Measures We Currently Have In Place:
Monitoring Developing Information Closely:
We have been closely monitoring The Health Service Executive, World Health Organisation and Merrion Street (Irish Government News Service) statements regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus, and sharing that new information with our team. In addition to this Ballina Manor Hotel is Fáilte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter Approved meaning our guests can relax and enjoy there stay in comfort knowing that all recommended cleaning and safety measures are adhered to and staff members have completed essential hygiene and safety compliance training.
On a daily basis we are working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address not only COVID-19, but a broad range of contagions.
Team Health, Safety and Hygiene Knowledge:
Training our employees to the highest level of health, safety and hygiene knowledge is imperative to us to ensure a successful health, safety and hygiene program.
Central to the Irish Government’s Chief Medical Officers strategy for delaying and reducing the spread of COVID-19 is ‘Social Distancing’. Our team are practicing ‘social distancing’ from both team colleagues and guests where possible. The HSE.ie is recommending that we keep a space of 2 meters between each person and to wear a face covering. Our business has taken steps to minimise interactions with guests and between guests. Simple steps like spacing in our reception area, staggering meal reservations and separating the tables in our restaurant and breakfast room.
Proper and frequent hand-washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our team is reminded daily that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests. We also have hand sanitisers for our Guests on arrival and at different points throughout the entire Hotel.
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
We work with our suppliers and vendors to make sure our hotel can procure and use virus-killing products as well as the protective equipment (PPE) they need to use them.
Our hotel applies the highest cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean and sanitise rooms after each guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items like remote controls, televisions, telephones, kettles, hand dryers, seat backs, door handles, light switches, table tops, ironing board, safe, taps, toilet handles and seats.
We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the surfaces of our front desks, lifts (and lifts buttons), stair banisters, door handles, door push plates, public bathrooms, bar and table tops, chair rails, and shared computer keyboards.
Back of House:
In the spaces where our employees work out of public view, our hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like stairway entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
What do you need to do before & during your stay with Ballina Manor Hotel?
- We ask guests not to arrive earlier than their check-in time.
- Please adhere to the government & HSE policies around travel to and from other countries. Should you be travelling from another country we would respectively request you complete 14-day quarantine to protect our staff and guests. Please check out Government travel restrictions here
- Under current level 5 restrictions please ensure you have a letter stating your travel is for essential purposes. Failing to provide a letter from your employer may result in your reservation being cancelled.
- Please do not travel if you have any symptoms of Covid-19
- We are currently serving breakfast and evening meals on a limited menu basis. We ask that you pre-book a breakfast & dinner time and we would also require a pre-order for evening meals.
- Please note that our dining options and seating capacity has been reduced to enable social distancing protocols.
- We aim to reduce contact during the check-in process and to avoid any unnecessary contact, please provide a card that can be used to cover any transactions in the hotel during your stay such as dining and beverages.
- On arrival, we would also ask you to be mindful of social distancing of 2 meters.
- Please wear a face covering when entering the hotel to check in and in all common areas of the hotel.
- All keys for your hotel room will be disinfected after each stay to make them safe for the new guests. When departing we ask that you drop your key in the post box located off the lift on the ground floor.
- To avoid multiple touchpoints we will be encouraging contactless & cashless payment throughout your stay where possible.
- We have sanitisation stations located at strategic points around the hotel including reception, we would ask our guest use these at a regular basis.
Revised Reservation and Cancellation Policies
How have you booked?
I booked directly with Ballina Manor Hotel
I have a flexible booking please contact the hotel on +353-9680900 or Email us and we will be happy to assist. We operate a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel at least 48 hours prior to the day of your arrival you will not be charged. Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the day of arrival will incur a charge equivalent to the first night’s bed and breakfast.
I have a prepaid booking such as an advanced purchase, we are offering you the opportunity to change dates (prices may vary) or alternatively we will offer you a like for like voucher so you have flexibility over when to re-book. We are monitoring the situation closely. Please call the hotel on +353-9680900 or Email us and we will be happy to assist.
I have booked Ballina Manor Hotel, Mayo with an Online Travel Agent such as Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HRS Hotels etc
Please contact your travel agent directly as their policies and procedures may differ to ours. If you need to cancel your reservation you will have to cancel directly with the travel agent you booked with. If you require any assistance please contact us
Finally, I just want to thank you for your loyalty to Ballina Manor Hotel. At times like these, we believe that giving people a warm Irish welcome and providing them with personal service, comfort and reassurance is more important now than it ever was, and we will continue to do just that for our guests. While things may be slightly different for the moment we are looking forward to welcoming you to Ballina Manor Hotel.
We look forward to seeing you soon,