Findlater Hotels Limited
What are Cookies?
When you visit any website it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device. The information does not usually directly identify you but it can give you a more personalised web experience.
A cookie is a small piece of data in the form of a text file that may be stored on your computer or mobile device having visited a website. It allows a website to “remember” your actions or preferences over a length of time and helps us improve your experience each time you visit. Examples of these include Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer. They are stored on your device’s hard drive and only identify your device, and not you personally.
There are 2 distinct types of cookies – session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies:
These temporary cookies are not stored on your computer or mobile device.
- Persistent cookies:
Persistent or Duration cookies are placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined duration once you visit a website.
For a further explanation about cookies visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
There are two main purposes for cookie use.
- Functionality – log in as a particular user, remember preference, use of shopping carts, and share links via social media.
- Usage – to collect usage data and provide personalised suggestions and information.
- To help speed up the booking process so that you do not need to re-type the same information repeatedly.
- To collect information relating to our customer use and patterns.
- To help us deliver advertising effectively and avoid repeating adverts to you. We work with carefully selected third-parties who we allow to employ cookies on our site, on our behalf. These cookies allow us to provide advertising on other websites that are more relevant to a user’s interests. The information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain a user’s name, address, telephone number or email address.
- If you receive our emails, we tailor the information we send you based on the data our cookies have collected from your recent visits to our website. You can opt out of this in any marketing email we send.
Types of cookies used by Findlater Hotels Limited
|PHPSESSID||PHP Session ID||20 minutes||Used to distinguish users on the system|
|Triptease-identify-data||Booking engine||7 hours||Used by our booking engine provider to assist with bookings|
|tt-domain-user-id||Booking engine||5 years||Used by our booking engine provider to assist with bookings|
|Cookie-preferences||Cookie preferences||6 months||Stores the cookie preferences for the website|
|_ga||Google Analytics tracking cookie||2 years||Used to distinguish users|
|_gid||Google Analytics tracking cookie||24 hours||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||Google Analytics tracking cookie||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate|
Social Media Cookies
|fpestid||Sharethis Cookie ID||1 year||Used to facilitate sharing of content on social platforms|
Your consent to Cookies
Last Update: 2nd June 2023